The Triangle Clean Cities Coalition is partnering with the National Association of Regional Councils (NARC) in the Fleets for the Future (F4F) project.
What is Fleets for the Future?
Fleets for the Future (F4F) is a national partnership of regional councils, Clean Cities coalitions, and industry experts led by the National Association of Regional Councils. F4F is coordinating a national procurement initiative designed to consolidate bulk orders of alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) and infrastructure for public fleets across the country. Fleets interested in participating can expect reduced incremental costs on hybrids, propane, electric, and natural gas-powered vehicles, and refueling and charging infrastructure.
What Types of Alternative Fuel Vehicles Are Available Through F4F?
- Refuse trucks
- Shuttles, school buses
- Bi-fuel police vehicles
- PHEV or BEV sedans (e.g. for pooled vehicles, inspectors)
- Upfits to hybridize medium & heavy-duty vehicle
- Pickup trucks
- Delivery vehicles
- Utility body trucks (e.g. F-450 and up)
National Procurement for Public Fleets
F4F has partnered with Sourcewell to provide public fleet managers an opportunity to purchase and lease discounted vehicles through Sourcewell’s aggregate demand structure. Sourcewell has a variety of contracts that will provide participants multiple vehicle options to build their fleets. You can learn more and view the available vehicle options here.
Resources and Links
- Visit fleetsforthefuture.org for more information on the project and our various procurement initiatives.
- Visit Sourcewell’s website for a list of available vendors and to explore AFV vehicle options.
- View F4F best practice guides for gaseous fuel and electric vehicle procurement, procurement financing, and fleet transition planning.
- Follow F4F on Twitter at @Fleets4Future for exciting news and updates!